EADV Symposium registration policies
Cancellation and refund
Cancellation by the applicant
Applicants whose order form has been accepted by EADV cannot cancel and all agreed-upon amounts remain due and payable. Under exceptional circumstances represented in writing by the Applicant to EADV, EADV may at its sole discretion, under no obligation, release the Applicant.
The cancellation can be requested until 31 March 2024. After this date, no refunds will be issued.
Cancellations received by 31 March 2024 and approved by EADV will be refunded according to the method of payment chosen at registration.
A EUR 50 cancellation fee per cancelled ticket will be applied to all refunds.
Refunds via bank transfer:
- The participant’s country of residence (or the location of the company performing the registration) must be the same as where the bank is located.
- All bank charges are at the expense of the participant (or of the company registering the participant).
Refunds by credit card:
- Will be performed exclusively on the Credit Card used to settle the online payment.
Important information about refunds:
- All refunds must be requested within 2 months after the end of the event.
- Refunds are not issued in case a visa application has been rejected by an embassy/consulate.
- No refunds for unattended meetings or early termination of attendance by the Applicant can be processed.
- In case of double payment, refund requests must be accompanied by a valid proof of the duplicated payment.
- Participants submitting and paying their registration incorrectly are not entitled to reimbursement. For example, participants registering as Non-Members and (at a later stage) becoming EADV Members will not receive a reimbursement of the difference between the two fees. Or in the case of creating a new profile and registering as Non-Members despite being active Members.
This rule also applies to Third-Parties/Group Leaders processing the registration for their delegates incorrectly.
Please double-check the correct email addresses provided to you and make sure to register with the ones linked to the EADV Membership. In case of an issue with the membership renewal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Leaders purchasing an incorrect number of tickets, selecting a wrong ticket type or processing double registrations are not entitled to reimbursement.
Name Changes for Individual & Third-Party
- Please request the name change by emailing: email@example.com
- The cost of a Name Change is EUR 30.
- Name Changes are possible until Thursday, 2 May 2024 only (23:59 CEST). Therefore, no Name Change requests are accepted after the mentioned date.
- Name Changes can be requested by the Registration Owner only.
- Name Changes for individuals should be done between delegates of the same registration category.
- In the case that there is a difference between the ticket rates (for example, in case a member is transferring their ticket to a non-member) the difference in fees must be settled. In case a higher fee was already paid, refunds cannot be made.
- For third-party tickets, name changes might be processed for 25% of the participants registered under the Owner Account only.
Name Changes for Groups
The Group Leader is entitled to process name changes at no extra costs only under these conditions:
- The name change is requested for less than 25% of the total of purchased tickets
- The name change is between delegates of the same registration category
- Name changes are possible until Thursday, 2 May 2024 only (23:59 CEST). Therefore, no name change requests are accepted after the mentioned date.
How to proceed with the name change
- Remove the previous attendee from your group list.
- Insert the new attendee in your group list
- Distribute the ticket to the new attendee
Ticket distribution should be managed personally by the Group Leader:
- Before the deadline, Group Leaders can reassign a previously distributed ticket.
- After the deadline, tickets already DISTRIBUTED cannot be re-DISTRIBUTED by the Group Leader.
- Individual and Third-Party registrations are confirmed only upon valid online registration and receipt of full payment. Group registrations are confirmed only when the attendee list has been filled in online and the full payment has been received.
- To ensure the desired registration fee (Early-bird/Mid-rate tickets), payment and all mandatory documents (such as Proof of Status, copy of passport, medical license, etc.) must be received by the published deadline.
- Unpaid orders are cancelled without further notification once the deadline has passed. Previously distributed tickets in a group registration that have not been paid by the deadline will be automatically cancelled.
- Once an invoice is issued, it can no longer be amended. For any issue related to the invoices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 months after the end of the event (until 31 July 2024). After this date, no changes can be performed.
- A handling fee of EUR 20 is charged for any administrative change or update in the registration.
- If any difficulties arise during the event, all requests/discrepancies should be submitted via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org after the event.
- Any specific requests concerning Group registration will not be discussed during the event for any purpose.
- EUR 20 will be charged to the participant for the change of status from “Non-Healthcare Professional” to “Healthcare professional” (and vice versa)
- Participant-type change requests will not be considered on-site. For example, participants registering as Non-Members (INDUSTRY) cannot request to change their participant type to Non-Member (DELEGATE) (and vice versa). This rule also applies to Third-Party/Group registrations processed incorrectly.
- Group registrations on-site are not possible. However, group registration is available online.
- EUR 80 will be charged to the participant on-site in case the participant’s badge is forgotten, stolen or lost. Reprinting, if necessary, is only possible once, upon proof of such circumstances.
Official Italian Agency for AIFA Procedure
Any Italian pharmaceutical company, supporting or participating in a congress abroad, is subjected to authorization by AIFA (Italian Drug Agency), according to an Italian Government Decree (Decreto Legislativo 219/06 – art. 124).
The request for authorization must be submitted within 60 days before the starting date of the event. The appointed agency to collect all applications from pharmaceutical companies and file them with the AIFA is:
AIM Group International – AIM Education S.r.l.
Via G. Ripamonti, 129
20141 Milan, Italy
Tel. +39 02 56601.1
FAX +39 02 70048585
e-mail: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of data - Authorisations
The data made available through the online registration system is gathered and treated by the EADV in compliance with the Swiss regulation on data protection, in particular in compliance with Sec. 4 of the Swiss Federal Law of June 19, 1992 on Data Protection. All data is treated by the EADV only for organisational purposes, in particular for the registration to meetings as well as for the monitoring of credits for the Continuing Medical Education of the participants.
At any Congress or Symposium each participant receives one badge carrying the family name and the first name of the participant as well as a QR code. Through the QR code, all data on this form can be accessed through software at the sole disposal of the EADV. Each participant shall consider that by accepting any lead retrieval at any physical or virtual stand at the Congress or Symposium, the participant gives the authorisation to the EADV to transfer the data of the participant regarding the postal address and email to the holder of the stand (usually a pharmaceutical company, called “Exhibitor”), including the authorisation to use said data for purposes such as the promotion of pharmaceutical products and similar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are lunches, coffee breaks and/or dinners included in the registration fee?
No. The registration fee does not include lunches, coffee breaks and/or dinners.
Are there any discounted fees?
I cannot find my registration confirmation
A notification email along with an QR code voucher and an invoice is automatically sent by the registration system (email@example.com) upon successful payment of the registration.
You can download a copy of the QR-coded voucher on the online registration system by selecting the panel ‘Pickup Barcode’ in the registration platform.
If your registration is managed by a company or a third party, please refer to your contact person directly.
Can I pay by American Express?
Can I purchase more than one 1-day ticket?
No. The daily ticket cannot be requested more than once by/for the same participant.
To attend the Symposium for more than one day, a full Symposium Ticket valid for the whole duration of the event needs to be purchased.
What is a proof of status?
I am an invited EADV speaker. Do I need to register to the conference?
I am an EADV member but I am not able to register with the member fee. What can I do?
I am an EADV member but have not renewed my membership yet. Can I still benefit from the member fee?
I am in the process of becoming an EADV member but I am not sure that my membership will be activated by the deadline. Can I register as a non-member and ask for a reimbursement later on?
No. Participants submitting and paying their registration as Non-Members will not be entitled to reimbursement if, at a later stage, they become Members. To benefit from the Member registration fees, please apply no later than 2 weeks before the registration deadline, as it takes around 10 days to get a membership application approved.
For more information, please check the EADV membership page.
Can I attend the congress with an accompanying person?
No. Due to compliance regulations, accompanying persons (including children) are not permitted to attend the Congress.
Are there simultaneous translations?
No. The official language of the EADV Event is English and no simultaneous translation is available.