Table of Contents
The European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (collectively, “EADV”, “we”, “us” or “our”) takes very seriously and respects the importance of protecting personal information collected from Members and other users of services. By submitting information to EADV you consent to practices described in this policy, which aim to maintain the security, integrity and privacy of any information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the revised Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP). If you are less than 18 years of age, then you must first seek the consent of your parent or guardian prior to submitting any personal information.
2. Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV) with the following contact details:
- Via S. Balestra 22B, 6900 Lugano (Switzerland)
- Tel. +41 91 973 45 20
3. What kind of information do we collect?
To follow the objectives of the EADV, to provide our benefits and offerings to EADV Members and to the rest of our users we must process personal information. The type of information we collect depends on how you use EADV benefits and offerings.
a) Information and content you provide: we collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use EADV benefits and offerings, including when you sign up or apply for a membership or profile on one of our digital services and create and share content, and message or communicate with EADV or others. This can include: personally identifiable information, such as name and surname, physical and email address, username and passwords, birthday and gender, etc.;
c) Information about online transactions: if you make online transactions (such us when you pay your membership fee, purchase participation at EADV congress or symposium, etc.), we collect information about the amount of payment, time, and personal information of the payer.
4. How do we collect your information?
EADV may collect your personal information in the following ways:
a) Directly: from your written or verbal input such us online forms with input fields and checkboxes, letters and email correspondences, phone calls, phone messages, voice messages, documents delivered in paper and digital versions on various carriers or means of transfer and photography;
- Automatically through digital technologies including tracking online, such as by website cookies, by smart devices or by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device, or by using algorithms and statistics to analyze the variety of data such as records of behavior, usage, location, technology or payments;
- Partners: EADV might use applications and services developed and held
by our suppliers to collect your personal data, contact detail to your workplace, name of the place you work, areas of your vocational activity and interest, statistical information about your work, purchases you make or about how you use their services including your settings and preferences.
5. For what purposes and legal basis do we process your personal data?
EADV may use your personal information for the following purposes and legal basis:
a) Marketing: to provide you with information about the status, obligations, benefits, offerings and events. Furthermore, to administer all of EADV benefits and offerings, and for notifications and reminders, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
Legal basis: consent
b) Website browsing: for activities necessary for the functioning of the website and the provision of navigation services on the platform. Furthermore, to help enhance, evaluate, develop, and create EADV websites.
Legal basis: legitimate interest
c) Answer to your requests: to provide a feedback on your request when you contact us via email, telephone or the contact form.
Legal basis: performance of contract
d) Legal requests: information we receive about you (including financial transaction) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigation of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Legal basis: legitimate interest
6. How long will your data be kept for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7. Will your data be disclosed to other recipients?
The personal data provided will be communicated both internally within EADV and externally with subjects who will process personal data as data processor pursuant to GDPR and FADP, as persons acting under the authority of the Data Controller or of the Data Processor in order to follow up on the purposes of the processing indicated above.
The recipients of personal data include partners or academics. This is in order to improve the functionality and experience of EADV benefits and offerings as well as to support our mission and vision which is implemented through EADV benefits and offerings.
Where provided for under current legislation, personal data may also be transmitted to the government offices and authorities concerned.
When you share and communicate using sections on our website eadv.org such as “Register Practice”, “Membership directory” you choose that the data share is visible to all the users who has access to the website and therefore it becomes public.
When you share and communicate using our “Event app – messages” you choose the recipient of the message, such as participant of the EADV congress or symposium who is also a user of the same app.
8. Will your data be sent to a country outside Switzerland or EU?
Your personal data is stored and processed inside Switzerland and the EU or in countries or organizations recognized by EU Commission and the Federal Council as providing equivalent protection to GDPR and FADP. Each organization is required to safeguard personal data in accordance with our contractual obligations and applicable data protection legislation. Such safeguards may include the application of standard data protection model clauses, binding corporate rules or other standard contractual obligations which provide for appropriate protection of data.
9. How do we protect your personal data?
EADV applies various physical, technical and administrative safeguards in order to keep the collected data safe and protected. All personal information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse. EADV does not share the data to people, partners and suppliers who are not directly involved in the data processing. Access to your personal data is restricted only to those who need it in order to perform their job function.
10. What are your rights?
You can easily exercise your rights by contacting the Data Controller at email@example.com, as set out in the GDPR and FADP:
- Right of access to information: you can ask to verify whether we are processing personal data about you, and if so, to provide more specific information;
- Right to rectification of errors or obsolete personal data: you can ask to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
- Right to erasure: you can ask to erase (delete) your personal data. In some circumstances we will be unable to authorize such a request (e.g., in case there is a legal requirements). If you do not want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the EADV benefits and offerings, you can deactivate your membership;
- Right to withdraw your consent: you can ask to withdraw consent that you have previously given to one or more specified purposes of processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability: you can ask us to transmit that personal data in electronic form if technically feasible Right to object: you can object to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, including profiling; Right to restrict processing: individuals can request that an organisation limits the way it uses personal data
- Right to object: you can object to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, including profiling;
- Right to restrict processing: you can request that we limit the way we use your personal data
- Right to lodge a complain: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority for the protection of personal data (Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, Feldeggweg 1 CH – 3003 Berne, +41 (0)58 462 43 95, firstname.lastname@example.org).
12. Who can you contact at EADV?
If you have questions about this policy, comments or complaints, you can contact at any time by writing to email@example.com.
Date of last revision: May 1st , 2022