Following this Course, the attendee should be able to:
- Understand the principles of LASERS and Alternative Light Sources currently used to treat pigmentary skin alterations
- Recognize key technical and procedural innovations to safely and efficiently perform light-based procedures to treat pigmentary skin alterations
- Identify dermatologic indications suitable to be selectively addressed by modern LASERS and Alternative Light Sources
- Develop adequate confidence in performing advanced LASER procedures to treat pigmentary skin alterations
- Understand the principles of post-LASER and Alternative Light Sources to optimize healing and long term results
- Recognize, prevent, and properly treat possible complications and side effects
Innovative, compact, 48-hour ILE (Intense Learning Experience) with practical hands-on training on phanthoms and clinical case discussion from A-to-Z on video-clips with EADV Faculty, organized in an advanced Dermatologic Surgical Centre.
Complete video tutorials of each advanced LASER and Alternative Light Source procedure will be made. They will be discussed in detail with EADV Faculty - one for each “active” treatment room – five). Dermatologic case analysis and photo-assisted strategies will be interactively discussed with faculty members on phantoms – attendees will be asked to choose LASER and/or Alternative Light Sources for each procedure and practically use them on phantoms.
The medical facility hosting the Course will provide 5 active treatment rooms equipped with all necessary technical supplies. The attendees – in groups of max 4 – will perform the practical exercises pertinent to each advanced treatment strategy on phantoms. All exercises will be performed under the supervision of a Course Faculty Member and designated Assistants. Each group will rotate every 60 minutes in order to be exposed to all advanced procedures (ID-1, 2, 3).