Job description: European Stakeholder Relations Manager
The European Stakeholder Relations Manager is part of the Communications team and reports to the Head of Marketing and Communications. An excellent communicator with a strong understanding of European advocacy and familiar with the functioning of associations, he/she will drive forward the EADV’s European Affairs programme as part of an integrated communications strategy.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the EADV multi-stakeholder advocacy programme, enabling the Academy to proactively contribute to influencing EU health policy and, through its strategic thinking, advance the interests of dermatologists, venereologists and their patients.
- Ensure full alignment of the Public Affairs programme with the overarching Communications Strategy aimed at building EADV’s reputation as the voice of dermatologists and venereologists across Europe and beyond.
- Communicate EADV’s positions on key topics tailoring them to the policy environment and the perspective of stakeholders.¨
- Set up and manage advocacy opportunities for EADV’s Leadership and Senior Public Affairs representatives
- Prepare relevant advocacy and communication materials for use in advocacy towards key policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Carry out regulatory monitoring and stay abreast of policy developments in relation to EADV’s priorities.
- Conduct public affairs stakeholder analysis and mapping.
- Identify with whom to engage in joint advocacy activities based on common public affairs objectives.
- Engage internal stakeholders as well as the Academy’s Bodies and Members on the execution of EADV’s advocacy activities
- Design strategies for collaboration based on stakeholders’ objectives and positions.
- Manage third party Public Affairs agencies.
- Report and evaluate advocacy activities in accordance with set KPI’s.
A team player, you will have:
- Track record of European public affairs within a medical society.
- Track record of carrying out public affairs campaigns in the context of multi-stakeholder platforms and EU-funded projects
- Sound knowledge of European healthcare policy and regulatory landscape.
- A strong understanding of European institutions and their functioning.
- A solid network in the health sector at EU level for the EADV to mobilise.
- Strong networking skills including ability to interact with key policy-makers.
- A strong coordinator with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, projects and initiatives.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills with the ability to move diverse stakeholders towards unified objectives and to catalyse groups of like-minded stakeholders.
- Ability to assess the impact of regulatory developments and stakeholder positioning on EADV interests.
- Fluent in English, preferably native speaker. Another European language is a plus.
- Ability to move forward ideas and seize opportunities.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- You are a Graduate with a University Degree in a relevant field (political sciences, European affairs, social sciences). A degree with speciality in association management or in EU health policy is a plus. A Postgraduate qualification would be preferable.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience.
Full time position based in Lugano - Switzerland/Brussels – Belgium
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org